Sunday, October 5, 2008

Audit me, No Audit You!!

So here I am three days into being an audit manager. It's so cool. Soooo much power to be mean and petty. I have been very good and benevolent so far. I sense that good feeling will soon disappear. I got to overturn an audit already and I told a regional claims manager that I would not reconsider his request. Fun stuff.

It has been rainy and lame here lately. I have been traveling up to Vancouver, WA (you know , the place where you have to pump your own gas) and the traveling in the rain is totally lame. I have been so used to the wonderful summer weather that I forgot how lame it is to drive in the rain. Oh well, in another 6 months or so it will stop again.

We just finished watching conference. (There's 10 hours I'll never get back - Just kidding) It was good as usual. I still have my little freaky buttons. I wish two things.
1. Please get off the "you must wear a white shirt and tie to pass the sacrament" thing. I wish someone would at least acknowledge that personal worthiness is important, or at least as important as the white shirt. It seems like they only talk about the white shirt, much more than any discussion about personal worthiness.

B. Quit using the phrase "important calling" when you talk about what people do in the church. Jay Jensen mentioned how important it was to give single women "significant" callings in the ward. Please send me a list of which callings are significant and which ones are weenie so I can adjust my attitude accordingly. That expression really chaps my hide, as it were.

So enough of my high horse. At least I got to watch in my jammies. In fact "watching" conference is a strong term for what I did this morning. I napped through a lot today. I think it still counts but I missed a lot. I find when I am in my jammies and have had a good night's rest and I have a blanket, I can sleep no matter what. Especially when older men in dull suits are talking with very little voice inflection and humor that requires highly tunes scientific instruments to detect. Six more months before jammie church again.

Well, enough of this silliness. I get to work from home tomorrow because my counterpart, the one who is training me, is off on a vacation day. I will try to get dressed or I will just sleep the day away.

Woof.

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I always found that sleeping through conference was maybe a little more beneficial to me--so much less irritation on my part, the soothing, mellifluous voices . . . it was all good.

DiaNe said...

I knew that my sleepiness was genetic! My pet peeve in conference is the women who speak in a pitch that dogs have a hard time hearing. I was pleased this time to have human females give talks. About things other than baking and having 78 kids.

Amelia said...

How do I become an auditor? Because I think I might like the power... just a little

ABick said...

i too agree with "jammie church"...it is wonderful and the naps involved do tend to be better...and i agree, the humor of those elderly men is funny because you aren't sure why it's funny.