Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Litigation Shcmitigation

It is over. I left Progressive to become the baddest Lit manager in Farmers history. Now after anout a year I am no longer the Litigation manager. Now I get to see if I will enjoy my new career or just confirm I've made the miggest mistake of my life. Well, not the biggest mistake. That no-interest derivative mortgage jumbo loan I invested the ward's tithing money in last week seems to be a bad decision as well. Who knew. It seemed like a lock for big money.

I cleared out my desk and wiped all the dust bunnies off of my desk and piled all my stuff in a corner. I will be working out of the Vancouver office for the next week. Then I can't decide if I will work from home or find another office I can plan in. I like the idea of getting up and not getting out of the jammies, just turn on the laptop and act like I'm working. Oh sure, about 11 or so (after Price is Right) I will get serious and ruin some poor adjusters life by auditing the living poo out of a file or two, then it's nap time. You have to pace yourself. No reason to burn out too early. Or perhaps I have no idea just how seriously busy I will be. Likely the latter. I will, of course, let you all know what I decide on the blog. The tuxedo'd Pup will let you know.

The one thing I will miss from the litigation position is all the ridiculous allegations in the complaints filed. There was one suit - Mom died and left her two sons a parcel of land, which she split downn the middle. There was a garage that was on the property line. Son 1 wanted to sell his property, son 2 didn't want to but son 1 needed the garage thing resolved. Son 2 took took a chainsaw and cut the damned thing in half, right along the property line. Then, to provide the piece de resistence, took out a jack hammer and chiseled out his portion of the foundation. You just can't make up crap like that. There are a few more that are of a sexual nature that I will share in another setting. The tux Pup is not R rated.

Go Cougars. BCS busters - I hope.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

a) I love that you call it "the Pup." Sort of like calling Jacobs Field "the Jake."

b) BYU is generating some serious title talk right now. As long as we and Utah both win out and then we pound them in the finale, we have a good shot of getting at least to #2.

Lisa B. said...

schmitigation--ha!

tuxedo'd pup--ha!

too bad about the tithing investment. I'm sure the ward will totally understand.