Sunday, September 7, 2008

Life as an auditor

I officially got the job last week. It even comes with a raise. I am pricing fur sinks as we speak. I officially start the job on October 1 but I get to go to San Diego (Del Mar) for most of the week of 9/22 for training and stuff. I sure wish I could stay in Portland and work my old job rather than having to spend a week in San Diego. For those of you who just aren't that bright, that last sentence was to be read with extreme sarcasm. Now read it again - out loud. I'll wait.
Uh Huh. Now, wasn't that much better. I thought so.

I also just realized (last week really but who cares) that I still have all of my budget for my last job. So, next week we are all going to Cheesecake Factory and ordering like maniacs. My boss specifically said we could spend it any way we like. I like cheesecake and I am ordering a big one. Or maybe two. Perhaps a trip to Guitart Warehouse for dessert?

Matt is off to school. While waiting in line two new students were in line as well. One asked Matt where he was from. "Oregon" he responded.

"Where's that?" was her retort. Matt thought for a while not knowing how to respond to a question the answer to was so obvious. He thought it was fairly obvious where Oregon was. The other roommate quickly told the other that it was a largish state just north of California. So there was learning in Rexburg even before school started. Good thing we weren't from Michigan of one of those difficult states. In her defense she was from Louisiana.

Blog off.

5 comments:

DiaNe said...

matt should have told her it was also known as Washington Jr.

What botards.

Lisa B. said...

A fur sink? I hope you also get a robot to clean and fluff it. Congrats on the job and raise and trip to San Diego. I hope you'll raise a forkful of cheesecake on my behalf before you eat it like a wolf falling on a lamb.

ABick said...

congrats on the new job although i'm not sure what a fur sink is...
and i'm very proud of matt for holding in the classic orme response. :D

Isaac said...

Where's Louisiana?

abbybrossette said...

I am from LA and I can name all 50 states and their capitals. we are not all stupid! 1/5 of all americans can't locate the USA on a map.