Sunday, August 31, 2008

Church as a High Priest

It was inevitable. I became to old to stay an Elder and was moved into the High Priest group. It was lovely to be ordained by my father. One of those special experiences in life.

Then I went and met with the high priests. We had a discussion. Well, actually it wasn;t much of a discussion as a bunch of crotchety old men waiting for thier turn to "tell it like it is" to the rest of us. The poor instructor gets out the initial thought and then I watched as 16 men raised their hands to tell it like it really was. It was both hilarious and sad. I used to enjoy the discussions we had in Elders Quorum. This is like scriptural ambush each Sunday. It is lots of fun.

Matt is off to Rexburg on Wednesday. Faye is flying up to SLC with him so I will be alone at home for 2 nights. So I will need to get a few boxes of Cap'n Crunch and I'll be good. My inner bachelor comes out and I am ready to eat sugary ceral and fart at will. In fact, that second thing happens regularly(rim shot) at our house. So think of Matt and I'll light a match.

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

The scriptures-as-weaponry: one of the more admirable traits of the extra-righteous. (Or, as Walker would say, "scritchers." But only when he was 5.) You could either set yourself the challenge of not becoming like them (not very challenging) or of *beating them at their own game* (extra challenging! extra points for every time you use either The Pearl of Great Price or The Book of Revelations)!

DiaNe said...

I was gonna say...a fart needs no occasion. Not coming from (and out of) you. having no kids in the house will definitely be different.

Isaac said...

Isaac loves Cap'n Crunch and farting too. The next time Faye and I are out of town you two should get together!