Monday, August 11, 2008

Jury Duty

It has finally happened. After 8 years of voter registration, I have been picked as juror 297 to dole our some justice Orme style to the good citizens and ne'er do wells of Washington county. I can hardly wait. I will report for my civil duty September 10 and plan on being there for a few hours. When they find out I work for Farmers I will be one of the first dismissed and I will be back to work by Noon. That is my guess anyway.

Lovely weather here in Oregon. It didn't even break 80 this weekend. How can I complain. And yet I did. Hard to believe the whiner I am.

I am actually typing this at work. It is 8:42 AM and I have a business review at 9:00 AM. I just think this is more important. I just wish I had more to say. I have been sleepy this past few days because, damn NBC, they show the Olympics until midnight and I have to watch. Even if I knew Michael Phelps was going to win that 2nd gold I still had to watch. I'm like that and I suppose much of America is also.

Must go and work now. Damn the man!

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Wait, I thought you WERE the man. ??

Also, I always knew you were a whiner, so I don't know what this "hard to believe" stuff is. In fact, I believe I've given sworn testimony in open court. Oh, wait, that's *my* jury duty fantasy.

Did I tell you I once actually was in a jury for a real trial? Drugs, man. I'll say no more.

DiaNe said...

If they didn't put me on a jury, they sure as hell won't put you on one. But I know it's your dream to be on a jury, so I will cross my fingers for you.

ABick said...

i'm not gonna lie. i so want to do jury duty! i'm not exactly sure why, but i do...so, yeah, i'm excited for you! haha