Monday, August 4, 2008

Back Home - A very long drive

Note to self - Even though I am a guy, it is totally awsome to have someone else drive while I sleep in the back seat. Second note to self - make sure there are only three people on the car trip so you can have the entire back seat to yourself/myself.

I loved it when I drove to Tremonten, then woke up in Twin Falls. I drove to Mountain Home and woke up near Baker City. Drove to LeGrand and woke up in nearly home. All in all a huge amount of napping and minimal amount of drive time. Choice!!

So there you have it. I got home and I was only awake for about 5 hours.

So I got back to work and all my work and mail and e-mails were all taken care of. It was the greatest. I only had to work about 5 hours and got home early. Not really.
I have 107 e-mails and 900 fires to put out. And I get to fill in for my boss for the next three weeks. I love the opportunity I have to work. This sweat of my brow stuff is fabulous.
I know being filthy rich is a sure fire way to ruin your life but I would like an opportunity to get filthy - even if only fro a few days or decades.

So we are back in Portland.
The A/C still works - which is good because it is hot here - like Utah hot.

More to come.

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I always find that the day or month after a vacation is almost worse than how you felt before you left--exhausted, and yet nothing delightful to anticipate. Also, you feel like an ungrateful person, because didn't you just get home from a vacation? Yes, work is for suckers (proposition), ergo we're all suckers (consequence). Not me, though--I'm a teacher, ergo having a forced layoff during the summer, and then I'm on sabbatical. Not to lord it over you at all.

DiaNe said...

Glad you guys made it home safely. And I'm jealous: I can only sleep for about two hours in a car, then I'm up for the long haul.

ABick said...

that does sound like a choice way to travel...