Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New Loan - bad bank

We completed the refinance of the house today. Lovely people and a good rate and all the things you expect from financial people. It was very quick as well. Just the week before vacation and we closed today. I hear it is a good thing but I'm never quite sure.

One small glitch - I needed to get a specific amount of money so I could buyu into the cabin. When we closed the specific amount I needed was a little short. In fact I was $127 short. It's like - Hey, I need $20,000 and you are giving me $19, 873. Is it just me or did you fall short of my expectations here pal. I know it is a little thing but, what the hell, I needed $20,000 and I am a bit short. Oh, well.

Now the bank. Diane wrote is a check for $150 and our bank only coded it as $50 and send us a snarky letter saying, in essence, "How dare you" and you need to come in and rectify this. So Faye went in and confirmed and convinced them that it was indeed $150. This is when the bank, US Bank for those of you keeping score at home, failed big time. Even though it was their fault they essentially said, deal with it - get your daughter to send another check for $100 and it will all be fine. Now, Faye had not had the best day ever. In fact, it was bordering on a relatively crappy day and this was one of the camel straw things and she was not taking any shit from this penciil-neck at the bank. So she told him she wanted something for her time. SHe wanted $5 for her time and trouble. I wish I was there to watch. She eventually shamed him into giving her $5 for ehr time and trouble. I an pondering whether or not I am going to pull a Colonel Orme and march in there and make this guy cry. I think it is time to change banks - any ideas out there?

So there. I have blogged again.
Work is fun. I have been recommended to become an auditor. How exciting it will be to be shunned at all company events. It moight not be that bad. I still have to interview for it so nothing is set.

Must go and watch the Olympics and see if Michael Phelps can get hsi 18th gold medal.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Being shunned is the new socializing. You'll be ahead of the curve.

Banks are oy. On the other hand, I love our credit union. Very helpful and friendly and nary an error, to my memory. I, too, wish I could have seen The Faye deal with the banksters--you could make a movie just based on that scene alone. "The Faye Deals Justice."

ABick said...

ew. that bites! stupid banks!! but i am so proud of faye for getting the $5! that is AWESOME!