Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Kingdon for a temp job

Hello there. Long time no blog, eh?

I am frustrated. I have a child. He is a very large child and he eats a lot and still sleeps in my house. I would like him to work until he goes to college. He would like to work until he goes to college. No one out there in the real wage-paying world would like to hire him for the next few weeks to work and get money. He is frustrated. I am frustrated. Don't even get me started about how his mother is frustrated.

I mention the fact that he is essentially a hobo to everyone who will listen. I usually get then backed into some type of corner so they can't escape and I keep on talking about it. Well, I cornered Jim Muir ( in a corner) at a wedding reception (pasta/salad/mints/chocolate fountain) and he actually is going to have Matt do some sort ot beastly labor at his home for a few days. At least that is what he said. He actually called again this evening and said it again. So if he doesn't follow up I will be forced to say "Pants on fire" to him. I will keep you posted. I have a blog.

I have a garden at my house. I planted it. It is a very smll garden. It is actually two gardens since I have two very small parcels of dirt in my back yard that receive sunlight. The rest is hidden under the dense overgrowth of lodgepole pines in my yard. So I have tomatos, squash and pumkin plants in my two little plots. Lots of leaves and flowers on the squash and pumkins but no fruit/vegetables yet. I had one very small pumkin that was the size of an underachieving cherry tomato but it gave up and fell off the vine. "Oh little pumkin, don't leave your mother" I said to no avail. Stupid little pumkin. I will keep you updated on the veg froont as well.

I am a high priest. How did that happen? So anyway, I was in HP group this week for the very first time. In the Elders Quorum the lesson is a numbing experience with a teacher talking and very little interaction. The HP group is very different in our ward. With each topic, multiple hands shoot up to comment on the issue at hand. And each of them tells you what the real answer is. Topic - The Lord communicates with the church through his Prophets. Discussion - You know what the real issue is - Faith and fast offerings! I just sat back and wondered what I got myself into. It was clear these old guys had long ago been taught these concepts and they weren't about to be told that the Lord communicates to his prophets. They were going to take over the lesson at any cost. It should be fun. They should sell tickets.

Must run.
No diggety.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Ah, yes, the wonderful feeling of an unemployed late-teen-aged boy in your house. Just remembering it makes me feel a little itchy.

Diane_girl said...

calling matt a "very large child" is a bit misleading. I'm picturing an obese pork of a son downing swiss cake rolls.