Friday, August 29, 2008

OK already - I'll blog some more

Well, It turns out I may be an auditing manager after all. I went to the interview on Monday and came away thinking these guys must think I'm a complete botard given the responses they had to my interview questions. However, the grapevine (it is extensive here at Farmers) seems to indicate I am going to be offered the job in a matter of days, as soon as the paperwork is cleared. So I will still get to work in Portland or at home or wherever, but will have to do a little more travel around the country. So I will start gathering frequent flier miles and see if I can cash in on some free trips in the future.

Matt finally got a job his last week in town. That is the good news. The rest of the story is that he gets to clean a bakery from 5:30 PM to 2:00 AM each night until Saturday. At least it is work and he is a trooper for putting up with it and working hard each evening. He willl now go into the Fall and Winter terms with a little more spending money and we sleep easier each night (without any kids in our house) knowing he has a few extra dollars to spend to keep the thriving Rexberg economy vibrant.

College football season is starting Saturday and, if all goes well, BYU will soundly trounce Northern Iowa Technical College of Secretarial Skills and Fruit Stand by a combined score of 1,301 to 4. I presume they will got both safeties in the 4th quarter. If, perchance, they lose, my life will be over and I will start rooting for some otherwise lame-ass team like Oregon or Utah. This is my favorite time of year. I love watching the rankings and the rivalries and the gret matchups. I used to think it was a purer game than the pros but that is rapidly fading. I still like it a lot. I like the fact that there are 117 division 1A schools and there are a zillion games each week.

So there - I blogged.
I will try to be more consistent in the future. This is kind of likemy journal. I start one and write consistently for a week. Then there is a two week gap and I wrote twice more. Then a year and one more entry. Then it sits in a box in the garage(car hole) with the other failed attempts to keep a valid journal. oh well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Northern Iowa is actually a pretty solid I-AA team, but they don't stand a chance against us tomorrow. I even got football tickets this year, so they'd better win.

Lisa B. said...

I believe that we'll be contributing to the vibrant Rexburg economy next week. Or maybe that will be, partly, the thriving Ashton economy. Big diff!

Amelia said...

Finally! What the world has been waiting for, more puppy tuxedo! Keep it coming.

DiaNe said...

you have a journal? And you keep it in the carhole? Well, blogging is my rationalization for journal writing. I know we're always taught to keep one, but the only ones I wrote in consistently dealt with which boy I liked in my primary class. Some heritage.