Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fishing, The lovely, Lovely breeze

I love the cabin when it is not too hot. This is primarly due to the breezes flipping through the trees. However, when a person, such as myself, tries to fly fish, those lovely breezes make casting impossible. The whole point of fly fishing is the cleverly lay the fake fly in front of a fish so the fish tries to eat it. This is rather difficult when a person such as myself has to flail around in the river trying to cast fishing line against the wind - you remember those lovely breezes.

Well, today I went the river and realized after I had tried to cast for about 45 minutes - 43 of those minutes were spent untangling my line, that it was futile. Kind of like hoping the price of gas will ever come down.

So that is how I spent my last day of fishing at the cabin. Oh well.
We are leaving tomorrow so there. Off the the cleaning list.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

The last day is always bittersweet, isn't it.

ABick said...

ah the cleaning list...my mom has it memorized but checks it anyway...haha
and yeah..that last day is so difficult. the drive out of island park is miserable.