Sunday, September 28, 2008

Long time no blog

Well, I guess I really didn't kow what I was getting into when I said I would blog. I realize my life is ordinary but maybe I didn't realize just how ordinary I feel my life really is. I come home each night and think, "Did I really do anything blog-worthy today?" That is digno de blog for all of you in spanish land. I live an ordinary life. I go to work. I work. Then I come home and work a little more. I ride my bike in the morning. I eat my regular cereal and test my blood sugar twice a day. I take my shot of insulin at night.
There you have it. My entire life in a paragraph.
Replay it every night - that is my life.

OK a few new things. I was in San Diego last week for three day(4 nights). It was lovely. I went to the beach Sunday evening when I arrived and it was nice. Not a lot of people out because it waas a little chilly. It was only chilly if you live in San Diego. For us Oregonians it was the best weather ever so I hung out for about an hour. Then I finally got out of my meetings on the last day and went to the beachh again. It was even better because it was earlier in the day and I got to hang out a few more minutes. Warm weather and surfers and everything. I wish I could afford to live in San Diego - best weather all year long but a bit pricey.

When I was down in SD I was chillin' with my new audit people. We started the day at 8AM and we diligently talked about auditing until about 5PM. Then the people they were training went home and we, the managers, stayed for what I thought would be a few more minutes to wrap up some details. It turns out there were many details to talk about. Not only did we talk about them. We repeated them until I wanted to puke and watch my own head explode. These guys like to talk about audits. Go figure - auditors wo want to talk about audits. Since I'm the new guy on the block I can't really say - "Hey, let's go do something else." So I sat there and tried to keep the glossy lookk out of my eyes until I could get in my own car and scream , at the top of my lungs, "What the F*^&^%$$ is going on." I waited until I was far enough away that no one would see my eyes bugging out of my head. It did get better the next few nights but that first night I wanted to staple my knee caps.

Faye and I got new callings at church. She and I get to go to the singles ward for the next 18 months and fellowship inactive young adults. This should be interesting. I get out of my calling as Scout Committee Chairman and Faye is released from her sentence in the nursery. It will be interestiing to be away from our regular (it eats lot of roughage) ward but we will give it a shot.

So there you have it. I blogged. Yo Bloge.

See you all soon. Or not. Whatever.

3 comments:

Amelia said...

I think that your new foray into single wardhood will be hilarious and provide you with many interesting stories to blog about. Also on your blog I would like to hear hilarious stories from your past... if you can remember, or the future, you can make them up.

Your devoted blogging neice,
Amelia

DiaNe said...

whoah...mom and dad in a single's ward? Think of it as Pageant all over again as cast team leaders. I think that will be fun!

Beats Nursery.

Lisa B. said...

omg you blogged again. I have pledged to myself not to nag you, but it was getting awful, the waiting. And: heee heeeeee, singles ward. That was supportive laughter, by the way.