Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Scary Dreams

Have you ever had that dream, you know, the one where you show up to a final and you realized that haven't even attended one class all semester and don't even know the name of the class. Mine is a little different. I suddenly realize I am in a class and the other students have their books and I only have a duck. Clearly I am unprepared and am up a creek. That is my usual nightmare. Well, my last nightmare is worse. My duck is naked.

Maybe it is the new job. I know a lot about claims but little about how our auditing system works. People are asking me questions as if I know anything about all of this. So like I have done in the past, I pull nicely crafted turds out of my rear end and hope they sound OK. I am telling regional managers why they are wrong. I keep thinking someone is going to call bullshit and I'll be exposed for the fraud that I am.

I presume I will do this like all my other jobs - work hard and figure it out eventually and hope I can fake it until I become competent. It's not a great plan but it is a plan nontheless.

I get to tear apart my front porch on Saturday. I hope to get it back together on the same day. I have a very smart guy from church helping me do it. And when I say helping me, I am actually going to hand him tools and hope to stay out of his way and try to not to get him mad. In the end I will have a new porch and the value of my house will skyrocket. I think that is the key to this economic downturn, shoddy porches. I'm surprised the candidates have not included this in their platform.

I'll blog again when the pup is up again.

Dave

3 comments:

DiaNe said...

question: Aren't ducks usually naked? Or are you talking sans-feathers? Either way, terrifying.

Who is helping you with the porch?

Lisa B. said...

I thought this blog was rated G, and here I find that it's going to be PG-13. Naked ducks! Crafted turds! If your blog were to be made into a movie, clearly it would star Adam Sandler.

But the new porch sounds nice.

ABick said...

a naked duck...i repeat diane's question-does this mean he is without feathers? very curious...
and good luck with the porch. I also hope that you do not make your "helper" angry...you do not need a porch to give away on you later this month. haha :D