Sunday, October 19, 2008

Deck this!

It is mostly done. The deck, that is. This Saturday we (mostly him) finished the deck proper. The raziling was saved for another day. We want to draw out the pleasure as long as we can. It looks like a deck. It smells like and deck. And people walk on it without fearing for thier lives. At least they do not comment that they fdear for their lives. Before it was a regular occurrence.
I actually look forward to getting the newspaper now.

Faye and I went to the singles ward today and , Woof, what an experience. It is so quiet. If they ever ask me to talk I an going to my other ward, my true ward, the week before and I will tape record the sacrament time and then play it back during my talk. No kids screaming and that means I have to be quiet as well. We can't play games like we used to. You know the one - you lean over to your spouse and pick out another person and whisper it to your spouse. That is the person he has to marry if you suddenly die. When the dry heaves wear off it is your turn. YOu get to choose your husband's next wife. We have done this and have been able to not really hear any of the talks. It's great fun unless one of you actually hurls in the pew (insert your own joke here.) The real talking starts when the speakers get going. I knows young people talk alot but this was almost embarrassing to listen to. One of the speakers started espousing how dating was like your relationship with the Savior. I didn't get it either. But, as soon as he mentioned dating, it was carte blanche to all kibbitz about how everything was about dating and marriage, as if going to the singles ward wasn't about dating and marriage. It was kind of humorous. Also, it was kind of funny - Faye and I thought we were coming in to this ward as the new couple, it turns out that all of us are new couples so no one knows hwat the heck we are doing. All I know is they had little donut holes and cider in the cultural hall after church so I stuck around and fellowshipped a few of them nuggets, if you know what I mean. What a crazy church.

These two auditors are out golfing. The first one tees off and hits a hole-in-one. He is ecstatic. The second one says, "Not according to my R3 Secondary you didn't." They both fall down laughing. That one even makes me laugh. Just kidding.

3 comments:

DiaNe said...

Autitor humor. Disgusting.

Sounds like you two are enjoying the singles ward, even if you do have to act like grown-ups.

Please pass the cider.

Isaac said...

Donut holes can I move to your ward. The only snack I get is stale cheerios from off the floor. Not that I am complaining.

Lisa B. said...

Can you just have an auditor humor feature in your sidebar? Because I am loving the auditor humor.