Sunday, March 29, 2009

Utah - Salt Lake City Mission

Wooo Wee!! The call finally came. Faye and I can now sleep again knowing that our Matt is going to serve the Lord in Salt Lake City. I just hope the locals treata him nice and don't try to cook him in a stew. I know the local customs are odd and he will have to get used to not staring at the strange customs. I know the plane trip from Provo willbe long and arduous but I feel, with the Lord's help, he will be up to the challenge.

I am mostly happy that he is excited. Out local folks here, ever the ones to be retards, have reacted as if we would be upset he is "only" going to Salt Lake. We know many people who have served there and each and every one has told us how happy they were to serve there. Jesse Fox (yes I will single him out because he is a tool) asked us if," seriously, was Matt OK with the call?" What a cosmic dillhole! No Jesse, MAtt was upset the Lord chose him to be in that mission. I hope he has chronic crotch itch for the entire two years Matt is out. At any rate, we are excited and will be in Utah to drop him off which means we get to hang out with all of you folks (non-Utah folks excluded) for a few days. We will need to be picked up at the airport and stuff so watch your phones.

I posited the possibility of messing with Kevin in out weekly e-mail. I suggested we label our individual e-mails to say "Read this one first" etc. until he reads Matt's last. In each of the e-mails we mention how excited we all are about Matt's call to - enter a faux mission assignment - and see if Kevin reacts in any special way. It will only be five e-mails before he gets the real news and he can then relax. Or perhaps he will stil think it is a joke and wonder for another week. Oh well. I didn't have a brother who got a mission call when I was on my mission so I don't know how I would have reacted. We'll see how Kevin does.

Enough for now. The Blazers keep winning. Wahoo!

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

yay Matt! Yay SLC Mission!

DiaNe said...

A cosmic dillhole? dillholes have reached new heights, he should be proud. I told kevin that matt got called to Nuuk, Greenland: Polar bear speaking. I also said that Matt has been watching the discovery channel non-stop since he got the call and has been mimicking the bears' speech patterns and movements.