Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Baltimore, Eh?

I am in Baltimore for a few days and what is there really to do in Baltimore?
Well, I could go to an Orioles game. They're not in town.
I could go to a fancy restaurant and each crab like a cave man. I did that this evening with the Farmers guys and gals and I'm here to tell you - the smell does not go lightly into that still night. I have washed my hands numerous times and even rinsed them in lemon juice. It is the curse the crab leaves since I decided to eat him. Yes, I was told all of the crabs were men/males. I'm not sure if this is important to the crabs but I was told they were all male. I apologized to each of them as I cracked them with my crab hammer. My boss kept telling me it was a mallet but crab hammer sounded funnier. Also a good name for the band. Their first hit - I like my hot dogs hot.
The restaurant was in the worst neighborhood I have been in in a long time. It reminds me of Rochester but with more crack and whores. If Florida is America's dong, the Baltimore is the hemmorhoid on America's ass. It has a few blocks downtown that seem pretty cool but then you drive just a few blocks and you see the real Baltimore, hemmerhoidal warts and all. I would not like to live here.

I am excited to watch Harry Potter and the huge mega hit this Friday. I saw in USA Today that Harry is set to make $43 million for the last two movies. I wouldn't mind making $43 million. I would even loive in Baltimore for $43 million. Not for ever but for a little while. Everything has its price.

I applied for another job at Farmers. The guy who h ad m ore experience than me got it. I figured as much. I am now in line to get his old job which would be OK by me. I'll keep you informed. I figured it was time to stop working in my jammies. I need to remember what it is like to have a real job. Go to work and wear clothes and all. Otherwise I might find myself jammied and having a hard time going back to work.

Baltimore is hoit and humid as well. It also has mosquitos. And did I mention how ugly it is? Well let me mention it herre - Baltimore is ugly. It is old city grimy ugly at its core. I guess there might be nice suburbs but I haven't seen them.

And another thing - why do computers screw up for no reason. I returned from the cabin and my air card willnot function. I didn't use it in Idaho. It just decided to not work. Now I have to be on the phone with the help desk for the next thirteen days nonstop until someone can tell me that I need a new computer. That is my nickel bet. After they try to do a quintillion things to fix it they will say it is dead and I need a new one. Computers are great and all. They make my life easier when they work. When they hate me, as this one obviously does, they are a source of misery and woe. And woe is me. I will keep you informed on how the computer turns out. It might be four months but I will be back on line and let you all know.

Enough for now. I am in the hotel room and they are showing Batman for the 9th time on HBO and I feel I should watch it again and again and again.

The pup is out.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

DOG.

You are back, and I now remember afresh why I MISSED YOU SO MUCH. ALL CAPS, THAT'S HOW MUCH I MISSED YOU.

Okay, I am under control again.

1. I have a good friend who lived in Baltimore. She says The Wire, which is set there, is the true story of Baltimore.
2. Crab hammer! HA!
3. Dead computers = the 9th circle of hell, which is right next to where Satan is buried upside down in ice. If you're consulting Dante, and why wouldn't you? He wrote a book called "Hell."
4. Harry Potter, cannot wait. CAN. NOT. WAIT. (Caps is a hard habit to break.)

PuhleeeeEEEEEEZE don't wait so long until you post again! PUHLEEEEZE.

Amelia said...

Dear Tuxedo Puppy,

Thank you for allowing me to cross Baltimore off my list of places to visit. I never need go there now.
I hope you took the crab hammer home as a souvinier, that would have been awesome.

Sincerely,

Your niece, the cool one, the one that lives across the ocean.