Friday, July 24, 2009

SO Long QA - Hello Portland Liability Manager

Well, it happened. As it does in life, sometimes you just have to be careful what you interview for. I interviewed for and was offered the position as the Liability Claims Manager (that's LCM for the acronymially challenged) and I am not sure when I officially start. I have a plane ticket to Baltimore on August 10 so I will likely return from that trip and begin my new life. At least I don't have to move to get the job I wanted. That is the good news. The bad news is now I have to get dressed every morning and actually go to an office to work. It has been so nice being able to roll out of bed looking like death on a Ritz and start working. No one need know how awful(comfortable) I look. Now I have to be presentable and enthusiastic when I am working. I will get used to it but I want you all to feel badly for me just for a moment. .... That was long enough.

Life is going to get very warm for us Portlanders in the next few days. I know many of you live in places that regularly see temperatures in the 100's but we Oregonians are not used to it and we like to complain when it gets hot. So I will now complain for the next three pages about how hot it is going to get and how much I hate it and blah blah blah. Actually, we have AC so it is not so awful. Some of our neighbors, in much nicer looking houses than ours, do nothave AC and I will relish looking out at thier swelterling bodies as I wave at them with my sweater-clad arm and mimic that I am really quite chilly inside my igloo-esque residence. The little joys I can squeeze from life are fabulous.

We are going to be driving up to Salt Lake on the Saturday before Labor Day to drop off Kevin so one of his syblings can drive him to Rexturd for school. We will also be dropping off (just a figure of speech - we are not actually going to drop it) a piano for Diane. It is the early paino that Faye had from before we were married. Of course, the post-marital piano is half mine due to community property laws in Oregon so she couldn't give that one away legally. Sure we are married but you always have to keep up to date on the legal stuff. And by the way, that community property thing does not apply to guitars. I checked it out. Trust me, I'm a claims manager. So we will be up in Salt Lake/Orem for the evening of that Saturday and then driving again that Sunday back to lovely Portland which should be much cooler by then. So there. It will be like our third trip tp Utah this year and we will have stayed a combined 4 days. Life is so stupid sometimes. Actually we are going to be in Utahr on Thanksgiving as well. We finally broke down and are travelling to where the family will be since we will have none left around Portland. We are flying in Thanksgiving afternoon and leaving Saturday eveing. Again we seem to have a hard time staying in Utah. Getting there doesn't seem to be an issue. We just can't seem to stick for any length of time. So get your card playing/game playing selfs ready and we should have a great albeit short time together.

So there. Another blog. It's hard to believe, ain't it.

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Congrats! Perhaps you could get some jammies that look like Dockers? Or Dockers that feel like jammies?

DiaNe said...

Death on a Ritz. The first album of Death and the Graveyards.

Lesley said...

Congratulations on the job! That is awesome!