Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Has it been that long?

I was just cleaning up my work e-mails and saw Diane's note to me - "This is my blog address" so I looked at her blog. I then thought I should look at my blog and see what's up. I guess I haven't been on for more than 3 weeks. That seems like a long time, even for a slacker like myself.

This is the time of year that seems to just drag on. There is no college football. The Superbowl is coming up but who cares, really. Then it is a month or so before March madness. I don't really get into college hoops until then. There are just too many teams to follow. And listening to ESPN analysts is as enjoyable as getting the prostate check from a large-fingered intern. So I just wait unntil the bracket comes out, put in my $5 and take a stab at the best sounding teams. I always assume a team like St. Bonaventure must have God on their side so they will likely beat a team with just initials like UNC. That is why I usually end up adding to the winner's pool rather than winning the pool. You just wait - one of these years Ione will play Canesius for the title and I will be the only one to collect it all.

So anyway, I just sit here, day after day, and work. We got the new Wii (it's not really new, it's just new to us) and Faye and I bowl like we are total geeks each and every night. I am proud to say I have made three diferent Miis pros. I usually bowl as Tamsen (she made her own Mii on our system) and she is pretty good. Faye and I are thinking about geting shirts and starting to smoke, we are that good. It is tough to keep up on the biking. Portland has decided to become a winter sity this year and it has snowed a lot. It is hard to seriously bike when there is snow and ice on the roads. Besides, it is way cold and I hate biking when it is so snowy outside. So I do the Wii sports. It is a way to act like I'm exercising when I'm really not doing that much. Although, it is fun to try and snowboard. I realize I would be dead or serioiusly injured if I tried this in real life. Really, I would endanger the lives of all on the slopes if I were to do this in real life. I can make it turn but not like the guys I see on TV. My style is more of a chaos on ice. It is humorous though. I crack myself up each and every time.

So there, I've blogged. Are you happy?

5 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I am SO HAPPY. Delirious with joy. Do, by all means, get the shirts and possibly add beer-drinking to your bowling repertoire. Be authentic.

Amelia said...

Happy? Definitely. Demanding more blogging for your Scotland readership, your charming niece,

Amelia

DiaNe said...

I'm happy too. Welcome back!

Isaac said...

smoking is gross
but maybe not as gross as snow

Lisa B. said...

Dude.

It is Mid. February. now. So get on the stick.