Sunday, November 16, 2008

Too Much Church - A Definition

So what really is "too" much church? My definition is - any microsecond more than the three hour block is way too much church. The exception to this definition is if there is pie involved with the additional nanoseconds of church. Today, for instance, was too much church. Faye and I had a 10:00 AM meeting with the other "I-am-so-important-so-listen-to-me" couples. That hour was "Too Much Church - hereinafter referred as TMC. The three hours of church today qualified as TMC becuase we had not one but two high council speakers. So, be definition, it was TMC per se. However, the time after church today was pie-ful so that alone did not qualify as TMC. The other parts of the sabbath did, however, make this a relatively rough Sunday.

Now you will note that I referred to the other couples as "I-am-so-important-so-listen-to-me" couples and we have a lot of them. It makes our job a lit easier. When the other IASISLTM couples talk first, when it comes time to ask the Ormes what they have been doing, any short and succinct response is greatly appreciated. So we look good by comparison. Less pedantic = nice people. An equation to live by.

That is all. Have a wonderful week. I will be in Austin Texas (as opposed to Austin, Hawaii) so there.

2 comments:

DiaNe said...

I don't let the IASISLTM people get to me anymore. I like to cut them off mid-rant and summarize what they are in the midst of telling you, and moving on.

"So you're doing important stuff for the ward? Great. Moving on."

Have fun in Austin.

Lisa B. said...

A mystery, revealed.

In Austin, have awesome Mexican food and also awesome barbecue. Do not let anyone deny you your requisite Austin good food. Also, see if there's live music to be had. Live it up!